January 30, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Barbara Straczynski
NEW BRUNSWICK - The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section gives an award annually or periodically to a member of the Dispute Resolution Section, which will be called the Distinguished Service Award.
The Dispute Resolution Section is now seeking nominations for consideration as the recipient of the 2020 Distinguished Service Award. Last year’s award went to Bonnie Blume Goldsamt.
The Award Committee will evaluate each candidate in the following areas:
1. Significant, tangible contributions to the Section for a period of no less than three (3) years in the five (5) years immediately preceding the Award, except that in extraordinary situations the Committee shall have discretion to consider candidates who may not fall within the aforesaid time window.
2. Leadership within the Section.
3. A record of promoting participation and involvement of Section members and collegiality within the Section.
4. A record of promoting education about dispute resolution within the Section, the Bar and the general public.
5. Mentorship and encouragement of others within the Section.
6. A reputation for personal and professional integrity.
The Award Committee’s composition and this year’s members are as follows:
• The Chair of the Dispute Resolution Section: A. Rene Hollyer
• An officer or member of the Board of the Section, who is to be the Chair: Hon. Raymond A. Batten (Ret.)
• A member of the Section who is neither an officer nor a Board member: Michelle M. Cresti
• Two past recipients of the James B. Boskey Award: N. Janine Dickey and David Weiss
• Chairs (or a Chair’s designee) of two other Sections or Special Committees of the NJSBA. Chair, Minorities in the Profession Section, Dean L. Burrell and Chair, Elder and Disability Law Section, Benjamin J. Menasha
Nominations should be sent either by email to:
Distinguished Service Award Committee Chairperson, Hon. Raymond A. Batten (Ret.) at [email protected]
or by regular mail to:
Distinguished Service Award Committee,
Attention: Barbara Straczynski
New Jersey State Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1520
The deadline for submission of nominations is March 3, 2020. Click here for the nomination form, which requires a statement of no more than 500 words describing why the nominee deserves the 2020 DRS Distinguished Service Award.