February 16, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Barbara Straczynski
NEW BRUNSWICK - The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section gives an award annually or periodically to a member of the Dispute Resolution Section, which will be called the Distinguished Service Award.
The Dispute Resolution Section is now seeking nominations for consideration as the recipient of the 2021 Distinguished Service Award. The 2019 award went to Bonnie Blume Goldsamt. An award was not presented in 2020.
The Award Committee will evaluate each candidate in the following areas:
1. Significant, tangible contributions to the Section for a period of no less than three (3) years in the five (5) years immediately preceding the Award, except that in extraordinary situations the Committee shall have discretion to consider candidates who may not fall within the aforesaid time window.
2. Leadership within the Section.
3. A record of promoting participation and involvement of Section members and collegiality within the Section.
4. A record of promoting education about dispute resolution within the Section, the Bar and the general public.
5. Mentorship and encouragement of others within the Section.
6. A reputation for personal and professional integrity.
The Award Committee’s composition and this year’s members are as follows:
• The Chair of the Dispute Resolution Section: Ernest Ehling
• An officer or member of the Board of the Section, who is to be the Chair: F. Peter Phillips
• A member of the Section who is neither an officer nor a Board member: Hon. Rosemarie Williams
• Two past recipients of the Award, Felicia Farber and F. Peter Phillips
• Chairs (or a Chair’s designee ) of two other Sections or Special Committees of the NJSBA. Stuart Lieberman (Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section), Susan L. Nardone (Women in the Profession Section).
Nominations should be sent by email to Distinguished Service Award Committee Chairperson, F. Peter Phillips, Esq. at [email protected]
or to: Barbara Straczynski, New Jersey State Bar Association, [email protected]
The deadline for submission of nominations is 5:00 pm Tuesday March 2, 2021. Click here for the nomination form, which requires a statement of no more than 500 words describing why the nominee deserves the 2021 DRS Distinguished Service Award.