The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for the position of Burlington County trustee on the Board of Trustees. This term would be from time of nomination until May 2018. The nominated candidate may seek re-nomination at that time.
To be eligible to be a county trustee, at the time of election trustees shall meet one of the following criteria: (1) the county trustee's home is located in the county; (2) the county trustee's office is located in the county; or (3) the county is the county trustee's primary county of practice and he or she is a member of the county bar association. Article III, 1.). In addition, candidates must be members of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Criteria: The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in the available position:
1. Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
2. The quality of prior service to the organized bar;
3. Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
4. Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
5. Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
6. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
7. Demonstrated commonsense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
8. Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
9. Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
10. Extent of practice in the state of New Jersey.
Filing Deadline: In order for candidates to qualify for consideration by the Nominating Committee, an email request for a questionnaire should be submitted to the NJSBA Executive Director, Angela C. Scheck, at [email protected] Upon receipt of a request, all candidates will receive a questionnaire, which will be due back no later than 12 p.m. on Thursday, July 6, 2017. Please also direct any inquiries to Scheck at the email address above or by phone at 732-937-7500.
Click here to download this notice.