Managing Sr. Director of Communications
Section/Committee Trustees are elected from among the membership of NJSBA Sections and Committees. Candidates for Section/Committee Trustee must submit an endorsement of at least one sponsoring section or committee, which may have been voted on by the entire section or committee or by the section or committee’s governing body. A section or committee may sponsor only one candidate during any nominating cycle, and no more than one Section/Committee Trustee sponsored by any one section or committee may sit on the Board at any one time. Article III, 8(e). Sections and committees currently represented on the Board, who are precluded from sponsoring a candidate, include: Casino Law Section; Civil Trial Bar Section; Equity Jurisprudence Committee; Government and Public Sector Lawyers Committee; Labor and Employment Law Section; Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section; Taxation Law Section and the Women in the Profession Section.
The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in any of the available positions:
1. Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
2. The quality of prior service to the organized Bar;
3. Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
4. Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
5. Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
6. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
7. Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
8. Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
9. Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
10.Extent of practice in the State of New Jersey;
11. Geographical balance of the NJSBA leadership;
12. Especially for officer positions, demonstrated administrative capability and experience, and recognition and understanding of the essential issues facing the organized Bar, the profession, and capacity to lead in a creative, responsible fashion.
: Candidates must submit a letter of intention, the completed section/committee endorsement form and a completed questionnaire by noon
on Friday, Nov. 21, 2014.
To request information to file a letter of intent, and obtain a questionnaire and the section/committee endorsement form, please email Kate Coscarelli, Senior Managing Director of Communications and Media Relations, at [email protected]
or call 732-937-7548.