The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for a vacant Union County trustee seat on the Board of Trustees.
The position is for an unexpired term, and the selected candidate will serve from the time of nomination until May 2019. The seat is vacant because former NJSBA Trustee Marc Brown was recently named as a Superior Court judge.
For purposes of being eligible to be a county trustee, at the time of election trustees shall meet one of the following criteria: (1) the county trustee’s home is located in the county; (2) the county trustee’s office is located in the county; or (3) the county is the county trustee’s primary county of practice and he or she is a member of the county bar association. (Article III, 1)
The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in any of the available positions:
• Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
• The quality of prior service to the organized bar;
• Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
• Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
• Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
• Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
• Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
• Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
• Extent of practice in the state of New Jersey;
• Geographical balance of the NJSBA leadership,
• Recognition and understanding of the essential issues facing the organized bar, the profession, and capacity to lead in a creative, responsible fashion.
Interested candidates should send a letter stating the intent to seek the position and request a questionnaire. All letters should include an email address for the candidate. Upon receipt of such a request, a questionnaire will be forwarded by email. The questionnaire must be completed and returned no later than noon on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018.
All letters should be directed to: William A. Krais, Esq., Chair, Nominating Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Law Center, One Constitution Square, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1520, Attn: Angela C. Scheck, Executive Director.
Letters may be emailed to the NJSBA, as addressed above, to [email protected] or sent by fax to 732-828-0024, with the original following. Inquiries may be directed to Scheck at 732-937-7500 or [email protected] njsba.com.