NOTICE TO THE BAR
Nominations Sought for Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee
The Nominating Committee of the Young Lawyers Division (“YLD”) of the New Jersey State Bar Association is soliciting nominations for the YLD Executive Committee for the May 2021 to May 2022 term. The deadline for submitting nominations or letters of interest is 5:00PM on Monday, February 22, 2021. Virtual interviews for contested positions will be scheduled the bottom week of February through the second week of March.
We are accepting nominations for the following positions:
Officers: Secretary, Treasurer, and Chair-Elect.
District Representatives: Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Salem, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren. Representatives must live or work in the County they wish to represent.
Other Voting: Representative to the Council of the Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association, three (3) Diverse YLD Members (must self-identify as a person from an underrepresented segment of the legal profession, as defined by the Association, which is presently African-American, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific American, LGBTQ, woman, disabled, or an attorney over the age of 70), Editor-in-Chief of the YLD newsletter, and nine (9) At-Large Members.
● Candidates may nominates themselves.
● There is no limit on the number of positions a candidate may be nominated for.
● A candidate must have been a member of the YLD in good standing for at least three (3) months prior to Annual Meeting of the Association.
● All candidates must be prepared to attend all regular monthly YLD meetings and report the business of their districts to the Committee.
● A letter of nomination, or if it is a self-nomination, a letter of interest, must be submitted to the YLD Nominating Committee via e-mail or mail at the address below.
● The letter must include the nominator’s contact information and the contact information of the candidate being nominated.
● Nominations must be RECEIVED by 5:00PM on Monday, February 22, 2021 at the address below (email preferred).
● Late submissions WILL NOT be considered absent a showing of good cause.
PLEASE NOTE: EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HOLD AN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE POSITION, YOU MUST RECEIVE A NOMINATION OR SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST BY THE ABOVE DEADLINE.
Nominations and questions should be directed to YLD Nominating Committee chair Katrina Homel:
New Jersey School Boards Association
413 West State Street
Trenton, New Jersey 08618