The Procedure for Determining Award Recipients
The Annual Distinguished Legislative Service Award is the highest recognition and The Legislative Recognition Award is to acknowledge noteworthy legislative service. These awards are a yearly opportunity to acknowledge commitment to The NJSBA’s legislative goals and members’ willingness to testify before the State Legislature, prepare amendments and contact legislators on the Association’s behalf. The process of selecting award recipients is as follows:
• The Legislative Department keeps a record of members who have provided testimony and
prepared amendments to key legislation through the year.
• The names of the most active members are forwarded to the Executive Director.
• The Executive Director, in conjunction with the Immediate Past President and the current
President and in consultation with the NJSBA Executive Committee, selects the award recipient(s).
Criteria for Receiving the Award
1. The awardee is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
2. The awardee has made outstanding contributions to the furtherance of legislation of interest
in the New Jersey State Bar Association.
3. The awardee’s contributions related to legislation on which the New Jersey State Bar Association’s
Board of Trustees has taken a position.
4. The awardee has made superior efforts to fulfill the State Bar Association’s stated mission which,
in part, reads: “To serve as the voice of New Jersey attorneys to other organizations, government
entities and the public with regard to the law, legal profession and legal system.”