The NJSBA welcomes attorneys with at least five years of experience to apply for the NJSBA Leadership Academy. To do so, download the application here, and email it to Paula Saha, Senior Managing Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Member Engagement, at [email protected]. The deadline for applications has been extended to May 31.
The Leadership Academy will provide the intensive learning, career planning, knowledge sharing and networking opportunities essential to leadership: in the bar, in the workplace, and in the community.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE 2021-2022 CURRICULUM
WHO CAN APPLY
The Leadership Academy is open to all New Jersey attorneys who have been in practice for at least five years. Care will be taken to ensure that each class of fellows reflects the diversity of the profession, and that new and historically underrepresented attorneys are equitably afforded this opportunity for growth and leadership. Fellows must be members of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
PROGRAM FORMAT AND OBLIGATIONS
• The NJSBA 2022-2023 Leadership Academy Fellows will meet for one half-day session each month, either in-person or virtually.
• There will be additional opportunities for networking and conversation.
• Fellows will receive, as part of their tuition, free registration for select NJSBA programs throughout the year.
• Dates of programming will depend upon the schedules of Academy fellows.
• The Fellows class will graduate at the New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting and Convention in Atlantic City in May 2023.
• Upon graduation, each fellow will be appointed to a seat on a standing committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
TUITION: Tuition will be due in full prior to the first session. Financial assistance is available. Tuition rates are $300 for solo practitioners, attorneys from firms of 10 or fewer, or are government attorneys, $600 for attorneys from firms of 11 or more.