The NJSBA welcomes attorneys with at least five years experience to apply for the newly-updated NJSBA Leadership Academy. To do so, download the application here, and email it to Paula Saha, Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement, at [email protected]. The deadline for consideration as part of the 2021-2022 class of fellows has been extended to Tuesday, May 4.
The Leadership Academy will provide the intensive learning, career planning, knowledge sharing and networking opportunities essential to leadership: in the bar, in the workplace, and in the community.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PROPOSED CURRICULUM
WHO CAN APPLY
The Leadership Academy is open to all New Jersey attorneys who have been in practice for at least five years. Care will be taken to ensure that each class of fellows reflects the diversity of the profession, and that new and historically underrepresented attorneys are equitably afforded this opportunity for growth and leadership. Fellows must be members of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
PROGRAM FORMAT AND OBLIGATIONS
• The NJSBA 2021-2022 Leadership Academy Fellows will meet for one half-day session each month, primarily virtually.
• Additionally, there will be opportunities for networking and conversation with our “alumni” group and other identified mentors for a one-hour virtual session on a different day each month.
• As the year progresses, and as health guidance allows, we will convert some of these sessions to in-person programming.
• Each class of Fellows will plan, organize and execute a community service project of their choosing.
• Fellows will receive, as part of their tuition, free registration for the Annual Diversity Summit, the Leadership Skills Series, the Women’s Leadership Conference, and others as selected throughout the year.
• Dates of programming sessions will depend upon the schedules of Academy fellows.
• The Fellows class will graduate at the New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting and Convention in Atlantic City in May 2022.
• Upon graduation, each fellow will be appointed to a seat on a standing committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
TUITION: Tuition will be due in full prior to the first session. Financial assistance is available. Tuition rates are $300 for solo practitioners, attorneys from firms of 10 or fewer, or are government attorneys, $600 for attorneys from firms of 11 or more.