As of Wednesday, Oct. 30 at noon, online registration is closed. If you need to register yourself and/or a guest for the Mid-Year Meeting, tours or an NJSBA Cares activity, you may register onsite at the NJSBA Registration Desk at Condado Vanderbilt, assuming space is still available.
Do you …
• love to cook?
• care about people in need?
• have a competitive spirit?
Join us at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel for Cooking for a Cause—NJSBA’s version of the popular TV show, Chopped.
All profits to benefit local charities
To participate as a “chef”:
- Assemble a team of four, select a team name and submit names using the form on the reverse
- All participating chefs are asked to donate $100 each
- Prior to the competition, teams will select a local charity we’ve partnered with
- Each cooking station will be outfitted with a grocery bag of identical ingredients, 1 burner, pans and utensils—then the fun really begins!
- Teams have 5 minutes to decide on a dish and select items from the pantry, and 25 minutes to prepare it
- Dishes will be judged on taste and presentation
- The winning team’s charity will receive 50% of the profits
- Other teams’ charities will equally split the remaining 50% of the profits
To participate as a "supporter" or spectator:
- Come watch as the chefs compete and cheer them on
- All spectators are asked to make a donation of $50
All Cooking for a Cause chefs and supporters will enjoy light refreshments after the competition.
We’re counting on the generosity of New Jersey lawyers to help make a difference in Puerto Rico!
Questions? Email [email protected] or [email protected]