NOTICE TO THE BAR
The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for the Hunterdon County Trustee seat on the Board of Trustees. Haekyoung Suh, the former Hunterdon County trustee, has submitted her resignation after being nominated by the governor to be a superior court judge. The trustee term will run from time of nomination until May 2017. The nominated candidate may seek re-nomination at that time.
To be eligible to be a county trustee, at the time of election candidates shall meet one of the following criteria: 1) the county trustee's home is located in the county; 2) the county trustee's office is located in the county; or 3) the county is the county trustee's primary county of practice and he or she is a member of the county bar association. (Article III, 1.). In addition, candidates must be members of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Criteria: The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in the available position:
- Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
- The quality of prior service to the organized bar;
- Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
- Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
- Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
- Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
- Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
- Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
- Extent of practice in the state of New Jersey.
Filing Deadline: In order for candidates to qualify for consideration by the Nominating Committee, they should email a request for a questionnaire to NJSBA Executive Director Angela C. Scheck at [email protected]. Upon receipt of a request, all candidates will receive a questionnaire, which will be due back no later than 12 p.m., Friday, Nov. 18.
Inquiries may be directed to Angela C. Scheck, 732-937-7500 or [email protected].