New Jersey State Bar Association President Kimberly A. Yonta created a sweeping task force to examine issues facing the legal community as a result of the COVID-19 public health crisis. It has brought together thought leaders from across the profession to provide expertise and guidance to the legal community and public as we navigate the road ahead.
Former NJSBA President Thomas H. Prol is chair of the Task Force, which is comprised of five committees. The committees are: Courthouse Logistics and Operations; the Practice of Law; Resumption of Jury Trials; Law Firm Opening and Operations and Access to Justice. Find out more about the Task Force here.
New Jersey State Bar Association Pandemic Task Force Committee on Law Firm Opening and Operations
• Health Screening and Monitoring
• Law Office Workplace Logistics
• Best Practices Regarding EEO Issues
• Multi-Tenanted Facilities
• Considerations for Insurance Policyholders
• Whistleblower Complaints
• Communications Strategies
• Legal Liability Considerations
• Changes to Handbooks, Policies and Procedures
NJSBA Pandemic Task Force - Report of the Committee on the Resumption of Jury Trials - July 2, 2020
Read it here.
NJSBA letter to New Jersey Supreme Court Chief Justice Stuart Rabner regarding Recommendations for Resumption of Jury Trials - July 2, 2020
Read it here.