Jennifer Mazawey-Vinosky, Esq. ;
Creigh Rahenkamp, PP, AICP,;
Henry Kent-Smith, Esq.
||Affordable Housing in New Jersey: So, What Do We Do Now? - Henry Kent Smith, Esq., Kevin Walsh, Esq.; Beth McManus, PP, AICP, Leed AP; Craig Gianetti, Esq.; Jeffrey Surenian, Esq.;Art Bernard, PP|
||Status of Settlements - Kevin Walsh, Esq.; |
Jeffrey Surenian, Esq.
• Basic terms that everyone must understand
• The mid-point check-up;
• Ordinance and redevelopment plan adoption and
• Vacant land and unmet need;
• Trust fund expenditures
• What about those municipalities that have not settled?
• Trial for Englewood Cliffs, Saddle River
Recent Cases and Where the Courts and Municipalities Are in The Process:
• Englewood Cliffs - Art Bernard, PP
• South Brunswick - Henry Kent-Smith, Esq.
• Middletown - Craig Gianetti, Esq.
• East Brunswick - Beth McManus, PP, AICP
How Do Towns Go About Implementing Their Plans? -
Beth McManus, PP, AICP; Jeffrey Surenian, Esq.;
Henry Kent-Smith, Esq.
• 100% affordable development funding: is there enough
money out there to fund all these projects? LIHTC, Trust
funds - Panel Discussion
• HMFA new QAP rules and enhanced set asides- making
inclusionary development “realistic.”
• Redevelopment planning and Vacant Land municipalities-
How to make the plan “real”.
• Planning for Housing as part of general planning process
(HEFSP as part of the Master Plan)
• Cost generation v. site plan design standards
What Are the Challenges to Municipal Compliance Plans?
Kevin Walsh, Esq.; Craig Gianetti, Esq.; Art Bernard, PP
• How do Municipalities successfully defend themselves for
developer’s challenges? - Jeffrey Surenian, Esq.;
Beth McManus, PP, AICP
How Do We Ensure that the Agreed-Upon Number of Units Get Built? - Henry Kent-Smith, Esq.; Art Bernard, PP
Should New Jersey Have A Comprehensive, Statewide Housing Policy? - Panel Discussion
Possible Legislative Action - Current Bills Pending on Affordable Housing - Henry Kent-Smith, Esq.
Panel discussion and Q & A
||The Riggs Test And Comprehensive Planning: Sorting Through The Chaos - J. Creigh Rahenkamp, PP, AICP|
Satisfaction 0f Purposes of MLUL- Does Any Basis For Satisfaction Mean Anything Goes? -
J. Creigh Rahenkamp, PP, AICP; Jennifer Mazawey-Vinosky, Esq.; Clint Allen, Esq.; Kendra Lelie, PP, AICP, LLA
Consistency with Master Plan- So What Does This Really Mean?
• Riya Finnegan v. South Brunswick Township -
Daniel Cronheim, Esq., and Kendra Lelie, PP, AICP, LLA
• Manalapan Realty v. Manalapan -
Robert Simon, Esq. and Kendra Lelie, PP, AICP, LLA
Constitutional Constraints; Substantive Due Process Claims -
What Are The Limits To The Zoning Power? -
Thomas Trautner, Esq. Anne Studholme, Esq.
Is Riggs still appropriate test, or is it time to advocate a new standard of review? - Panel Discussion
||Need for Uniform Statewide Application Forms in Light of Dunbar - J. Creigh Rahenkamp, PP, AICP; |
Steven K. Warner, Esq.
||Ethics: An Update on Recent Conflict Cases -|
Steven J. Tripp, Esq.; Steven K. Warner, Esq.
||Closing and General Q & A|